Wednesday 5 October 2011

Ayo $tarlito

I'm the stem, you the crack; I'm the clip, you the gat; I'm the glock, you the mack; I'm the artist, you the track; I'm the pen, you the pad; I'm the dutch, you the bag; I'm the knife, you the stab; I'm the driver, you the jag; you're one of my favourite rappers currently and OMG it's like you made your latest mixtape especially for me :



It is, as the ancient proverb tells us, the thought that counts so I don't even care that the only song on the 'tape I'm really digging currently is #UW, which is vaguelly reminiscent of one of those rain-themed Emo-Rap joints by the Mob Figaz with its wistful tinkling of the ivories and weary tone :

$tarlito - #UW
(From Ultimate Warrior mixtape; 2011)



The kid 'lito might only be a young buck but he clearly recognises that the Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage match at Wrestlemania 7 is up there with Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin in the submission match at WrestleMania 13, the Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels ladder match at WrestleMania 10 and Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 18 in the pantheon of WM classics.

2 comments:

Bedis said...

The song with Yo Gotti is pretty good too.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

It's alright, but it was on the last Gotti mixtape and it's not even the best song with $tarlito on there (Who On It.)

Lovin' how the Ultimate Warrior figure looks more like Bowie circa Ziggy Stardust than it does the Warrior.