Thursday 17 November 2011

Percy back!

AKA brief thoughts on Master P's new mixtape TMZ : Too Many Zeros.


Silkk is conspicuous by his absence; it's pretty bizarre to hear Romeo Rap now his balls have dropped; it's perhaps even more bizarre to hear P Rapping about h8ers on Twitter and Facebook; not nearly enough P on here, but when he does appear it's heartwarming to hear that his artistic M.O of brazenly swaggerjacking popular Rappers is still intact, with Rick Ross being his new muse; I might never get the deluxe reissue of T-Bo & Mike Da Hustla's Who Dem Boys? that I crave, but I suppose a new T-Bo banger with Romeo will have suffice instead :

T-Bo & Romeo - Fed Up
(From TMZ : Too Many Zeros mixtape; 2011)


Also good to see this living up to $tarlito's "rest in peace songs every CD like P. Miller" line with the emotional tour-de-force finale R.I.P. I always thought I Miss My Homies should've been the closing track on Ghetto D so this goes someway in righting that wrong, although, as you might expect, Pimp C is not shouted out as "one of the fallen soldiers" here :

Krazy ft. Master P, T.E.C & Chip - R.I.P
(From TMZ : Too Many Zeros mixtape; 2011)


In summary : not exactly The Ghetto's Tryin' To Kill Me or Ghetto D, but it does have more joints than Rakim's last album.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is perhaps the worst fitting suit in the history of ill-fitting suits.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

You reckon? I thought it looks positively Rat Pack-ish compared to the boxy proto-Chopper zoot suits he wore in the late 90s.

Black patent leather Air Force ones and a baseball cap with a suit is the classic Rapper-goes-to-court look, though.

brytburken said...

r u saying that rakims last album had any joints at all? i didnt like that one single, and unkut robbie being totally bored by it in his review made me not even download it... is there any songs on there worth dl?

i guess rakim falling completely totally off, beyond redemption makes me more confused than sad tho.. in a way hes the GOAT... still

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

It was pretty much bland from front-to-back.

David said...

It sucks bcuz those late 90s rakim records were so good. i fuck w/ those real heavy

on the plus side, new kool g rap shit was p dope. ive always got a soft spot for underappreciated legends tho, cf sen dog's "capo" naughty by nature's "i got a lotta" and that joint where spice 1 hooked up w/ oj the juiceman

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah, I was really feeling some of those loosie joints Rakim dropped last decade like A Cold Feeling and I'm Back with Lil' Fame, so I had my fingers crossed there'd be a couple of jams on there.

Thomas said...

I had no idea Master P put out a new mixtape! Now my "No Limit Soldier 4 Lyfe" chest tattoo will be in vogue again.
Pretty glad to hear there is no Silkk The Shocker on it, that guy was always terrible.