Thursday 5 December 2013

R.I.P Rich Homie Quan

Rich Homie Quan - Man Of The Year
(From I Promise I Will Never Stop Going In mixtape; 2013)


Taken me a full week to realise why I recoiled in such horror at 1:51 of Rich Homie Quan's Man Of The Year after initially loving how Quan and the track's producer Tramatone flipped the infamous Milkbone/Big L & Jay-Z piano sample and recontextualised it into something uniquely new-new ATLanta: the moment Quan breaks from his flow to start signing "you ain't never met a man like me before.." sounds like Yeltsin Beyonce's warbling on fucking Umi Says.

Ultimate kiss of death for a rapper right there, imho. Had a blast with My N*gga, Differences, Party and Type Of Way this year in that order, but our paths must now diverge for good, Richie bruv.

5 comments:

Catdaddy said...

You're trippin' because this song is great.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

^^^^^ Mos Def fan.

done said...

http://i.imgur.com/VLhIONY.jpg

James said...

"Party" is fucking awesome

Anonymous said...

Merkaratieѕto.Wordpress.Com (Http://Facebook.Com/Hackcheatkwsyo)