Tuesday 6 May 2014

Uncle Ice's Jamms

One of my favourite things in rap right now is minimal west coast Ratchet rap that's the modern descendant of old Ice-T tracks like Killers, Squeeze The Trigger and Drama. See: When I Was Gone YG & his pals, No Sleep by Clyde Carson, and this new cut by Show Banga & Sage The Gemini that's arguably Showie's best song since Party Ain't A Party:

"I'm that motherfucker, you can ask ya mom
I always get played like a CD-ROM"


Show Banga ft. Sage The Gemini - I Been That
(From I Been That single; 2014)



This will also work as a perfect segueway between No Sleep and The 99 Per Cent's Double Dip when I finally get around to making a west coast Ratchet 2013/2014 playlist on Spotify. Speakin' of songs from the Yike 4 Life compilation and Show Banga & Sage The Gemini, why am I still waiting for somebody on t'net to edit Dmac's verse out of Panoramic? No offence, Dmac m8, but the "HEY MOM I'M ON A RAP SONG!!" goofiness of your rapping kinda kills the song's whole vibe stone dead for moi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I

Queezy said...

LOL @ the picture of Ice-T on that "Killers" 12".

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Definitely proto-2pac's leather studded vest.

Ade said...

Hot.