Sunday 11 January 2015

Generic list post: movie OST exclusives

Biting Etto again, Robbie dropped a post about exclusive soundtrack cuts t'other day and inspired my own hot take on the subject. Some of these were singles, some of them weren't, but every last one of them is a killer song which was exclusive to a movie soundtrack. One song per artist, one song per album or else the list would end up being comprised of 50% UGK soundtrack cuts, 50% tracks from Murder Was The Case and I'm Bout It OST's.

Slick Rick - I Sparkle (1999)
UGK - Pocket Full Of Stones (Pimp C remix) (1993)
State Property ft. Dirt McGirt - When You Hear That (2003)
2Pac - Never Had A Friend Like Me (1997)
Big Daddy Kane - Nuff Respect Due (1991)
Turk ft. B.G. - Uptown (2000)
Beastie Boys - Desperado (1988)
Tha Dogg Pound ft. Snoop - What Would U Do? (1994)
Lady Of Rage - Afro Puffs (1994)
DJ Grand Wizard Theodore & Kevie Kev Rockwell - Gangbusters (1983)
OutKast - Benz Or Beamer (1995)
Mobb Deep ft. Big Noyd & Rakim - Hoodlum (1997)
Three 6 Mafia ft. Hypnotize Minds - We Shootin' 1st (2001)
Gang Starr - Gotta Get Over (Taking Loot) (1992)
The Crooklyn Dodgers - Crooklyn (1994)
P$C ft. T.I. & Lil' Scrappy - I'm A King remix (2005)
Biggie Smalls - Party And Bullshit (1993)
50 Cent ft. Young Buck - I'll Whip Ya Head Boy (2005)
Master P ft. Eightball & MJG & UGK - Meal Ticket (1997)
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - One In A Million (1993)

Honourable mention goes to YG's 2015 Flow, a future hall of famer despite YG being dressed like Limmy's park wanker in the video.

22 comments:

UKHH Snitch said...

OC and Organized Konfusion - You Won't Go Far

Noble Locks said...

YG in capri pants

Come on, son.

Unknown said...

I'm suprised to see a 2pac song on there I was always under the impression you didn't like Pac.

step one said...

Dre & Snoop 'The Wash' and Gang Starr 'Tha Squeeze' (off Training Day)

hotbox said...

Woke up this Sunday morning about to crack open a fresh plastic bag of milk when I noticed this post. Definitely forgot about a few of these tracks.

The 2 GOAT 2Pac songs are both non-album soundtrack songs ("Pain" cassette-only joint from Above The Rim and "Definition" from Poetic Justice). Same with Dogg Pound; their songs from PJ, ATR and Murder Was The Case trump just about anything they released on their albums.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I almost included Hey Papi but I can't bring myself to co-sign any Jay-Z song at this point.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Donal + Drew + the other guy - I accidentally pressed delete instead of publish on your comments. Sorry. That'll teach me not to publish comments on my phone.

Great choices, although I had to disqualify Neck Uv Da Woods because it's the last song on Let's Get Ready.

yeldarb said...

if "desperado" counts then i choose "scenario"

Mickey Quim said...

Anything off the Streetfighter OST apart from Hammer and LL Cool J. Craig Mack "Wooden Horse." Wyclef, Canibus & Youssou N'Dour "How come."

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

What soundtrack did Wooden Horse appear on?

Damn, someone must have paid through the nose for that Sinatra sample.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Also, how the hell could I have forgotten Deep Cover?

d said...

ah well. theres a perpetual soundtrack ones list in my head, I forgot Tommys Theme anyways

Howd you forget Ice-T - Colors really tho

Made Men & The Lox - Tommys Theme
ODB Pras & Mya - Ghetto Superstar
UGK- Family Affair
Tribe, Fugees & John Forte - Rumble In The Jungle
Prodigy - Dont Be A Follower
Big Pun You Aint A Killer OG
ODB & Mystikal - Who Rock This
Cypress Hill - Roll It Up, Light It Up
E-40 - Goal Tendin
Keith Murray, UGK & Lord Jamar - Live Wires Connect
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - One In A Nillion
bit ungainly but the best parts of The Points with Biggie, Bone, Busta, Redman etc>>>>>

Ive come prefer Crooklyn 2 I think. Chubb Rocks verse is the hardest

UGK really did let a heap slip through their fingers, at least Belts To Match got rescued

God Kermode said...

Mystikal gots plenty soundtrack game. Shame he's a Ched. "Mr Shitstarter" off the Dangerous Ground OST.
"Wooden Horse" is off "What's the worst that could happen" OST along with Erick Sermon's "Music."


Natas "life after death" from the "The Fear" OST.

H.L. said...

Great post! I can't help but feel like the Baller Blockin' OST was snubbed here, though.

CrowleyHead said...

The MOP Version of Whip Your Head probably should've superseded the original, but I guess rules is rules.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Uptown is from the Baller Blockin' OST, H.L.

Also on the Mystikal soundtrack exclusives tip, Shake Somethin' with Mia X from the I Got The Hook Up OST is a gem.

H.L. said...

Ah, okay. My bad. The cipher is complete then.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

M.O.P version of I'll Whip Ya Head loses points for me by 50 making them take shots at AZ on there between Fame producing AZ's Chillin' in 2005 and Fame producing a couple of AZ tracks in 2006 and then appearing on Sit 'Em Back Slow.

The CritIQ said...

No love for the Judgement Night OST? Also, no mention of the original Looters theme song by Cube and T?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Another Body Murdered is obviously the apex of all rock/rap collaborations and definitely would have been included if Boo-Yaa had been billed as the main artists rather than the guests.

N.Brown said...

I know you don't like Eminem but 'Off The Wall' by him and Redman off Nutty Professor 2 The Klumps soundtrack, banger

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

That's a song I've not heard or thought about since it first dropped.

I liked that one.