Tuesday 20 October 2015

Generic list post: 20 great non-album B-sides + album bonus tracks of the noughties

Pour a lil' liquor out for the non-album cut B-side, effectively snuffed out by technology via singles no longer being physical products with a required amount of time to fill. Then raise a toast to the album bonus track, still in rude health due to digital commerce and stupid LP narratives which deem slaps like When I Was Gone as epilogues. Here's 20 jams from last decade made up of songs from column B-side and column Bonus track.

Diddy - Get Off (2006)
Bubba Sparxx - Disappear (2003)
Grand Puba - Issues (Pete Rock remix) (2002)
Ludacris - Act A Fool (2003)
Jay-Z - La-La-La (Excuse Me Miss Again) (2003)
KanYe West ft. Paul Wall, GLC & T.I. - Drive Slow (remix) (2006)
T.I. - You Ain't Fly (2006)
Young Dro - Cartoon (2006)
UGK ft. Three 6 Mafia - Int'l Players Anthem (2007)
Gang Starr - The Natural (2002)
Trina - Leaving You (Big Ol' Dick) (2004)
50 Cent ft. Mobb Deep - Outta Control (remix) (2005)
Prodigy - Dirty New Yorker (2008)
Husalah ft. Pretty Black - Before The Dope (2007)
Blaq Poet - Poet's Comin' (2005)
Curren$y - On Top Of The Money (2009)
Sean Price - 60 Bar Dash (2005)
Birdman - Neighborhood Superstars (2006)
Busta Rhymes ft. P Diddy & Pharrell - Pass The Courvoisier Part II (2002)
Roc Marciano of The U.N - Game Of Death (O.G version) (2003)

Petey Pablo's I Ain't Scared (B-Side of non-album single Blow Your Whistle) doesn't appear to be anywhere on t'internet but I can confirm it's a jam because I have the 12" somewhere. Who got that MP3?

15 comments:

Ruben said...

Haven't heard "Act A Fool" in years.

Total banger!

Anonymous said...

"Line Em Up" - Freeway & Young Chris

REDLite said...

WHOA crazy "Spanish Key" flip in "Get Off" I never heard that before

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Am I to assume than you're unfamiliar with the G.O.A.T Puffy studio video then, RED?

This list's token glaring omission:

AZ ft. Styles P - The Hardest (video mix)/Untitled

Blast said...

That Baby remake of Neighbourhood Superstar is sweet.

Anonymous said...

u got them from asda init ?

REDLite said...

I've never liked puff more than in those four minutes, thank you for that.

How familiar are you with the Boosie equivalent...?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Puffy & Boosie are definitely kindred spirits.

That reminds me, I'm still waitin' for the song to emerge from this Boosie & Foxx studio session video.

Puff's white studio engineer in the rugy said...

That video is a great advertment for top shelf yayo.

BiggieG said...

Petey Pablo's I Ain't Scared : http://bit.ly/1Mas5h6

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

The G in BiggieG stands for G.O.A.T.

Thx.

Ray Garraty said...

https://mega.nz/#!AhgHRA4I!BkeHuhRZwC4V8-st1YbkisNOyNHlwGChfA-E0cOGi5A

another one for the Cause

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

👍

This was a particularly good generic list if I do say so myself.

JayDubbman said...

Hey not to comment on a post this far back, but I found this from looking for the Petey Pablo song "I Ain't Scared" online. It really does seem to be MIA from the internet. Any chance you've come across it since this 2015 post?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Ask the BiggieGeorges guy on Twitter for the MP3.