Tuesday 24 May 2016

Jose Got Them Matas Part 2

In much the same way that there's long been a thriving market of Hispanic Rap & Bullshit singles featuring guest rhymes from Baby Bash, there's now an emerging market of Hispanic Rap & Bullshit singles featuring guest rhymes from Kap G. Carolyn Rodriguez's On The Grind here is the best song of the latter category, and the session-musician 'migo who played guitar on this one clearly got to live out all his Carlos Santana fantasies. Oye Como Vato, vato.

"Win or lose, I'm tryna get paid
I'm tryna get blazed, I'm tryna keep faith
I got my Jesus piece, I'm tryna get saved"


Carolyn Rodriguez ft. Kap G - On The Grind
(From On The Grind single; 2016)




Real talk, if Jennifer Lopez doesn't record a remake of Feelin' So Good with Kap G and Baby Bash in the place of Big Pun and Fat Joe, she's a traitor to her Latin roots. Straight fugazee, no Fugazi.

2 comments:

78 said...

Jose probably isn't gonna have them Matas much longer haha.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

José got them Stones (no Kool Herc)