Thursday 19 May 2016

They put my CD in and get high to me, they ride to me

There's 2 reasons why Asylum Records royally f*cked up when they released Juney Boomdata's Wassup Wit Da Pussy as a CD-single in 2008: firstly, the song was a precursor to John Boy & Shawty Boy's Drug Dat Hoe in the pantheon of deeply unpleasant date-rape anthems by SODMG coke mule underlings; secondly, I Got Hoes was the Atlanta swag-rap Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None), thus it shoulda been Juney's major label single so the kid coulda blown like the Congo nation and earned Asylum a decent chunk of loot. Because ya host is here to correct history's mistakes, I uploaded the full no-DJ MP3 of I Got Hoes and knocked up some artwork for the imaginary CD-single.


"I'm Tiger Woods with da wood 'cause I'm hittin' under par
And if you could then you should be a f*ckin' rap star"


Juney Boomdata ft. Sandman - I Got Hoes
(From t'internet; 2008)


5 comments:

Sasha Go Hard Frere-Jones said...

Only Juney Boomdata song i ever heard before was "Assume Da Position"

GGGGGG said...

Oh god I forgot about Drug Dat Hoe.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

For the I Got Hoes video, Asylum could have hired the magic tardis-car Ludacris & Nate Dogg used for their 2001 Source Awards performance of Area Codes.

Zwoop nation said...

RE: SODMG date rap - did you see that Soulja Boy's flunky D. Flores was arrested for trafficking underaged women?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I hadn't. Bloody Hell!