Monday 30 January 2017

Generic list post: January 2017


Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when worlds collided.

Camp Lo - Camp Lo (Bust Ya Down) (1995/2016)
Camp Lo - Coolie High Is Life (1995/2016)
OMB Peezy - Lay Down (2016)
Street Knowledge - Dru Down Flow (Can You Feel Me) (2017)
PnB Rock ft. Ty Dolla $ign - Hanging Up My Jersey (2017)
Simoncino - Beyond The Dance (Mr. Fingers Dark Mix) (2016)
Busy Signal - Go Again (2017)

Other notables: Out The Streetz is exactly the sort of production I wanna hear A-Wax over, so of course he had to go and ruin it by letting his saltine baggage handler rap on there too; Kap G ruined Freakin 'N' Geekin' all on his own with that Cold Hands On His Back flow (thanx, Jesse); listened to the SOB X RBE album and I still can't find a song by them I like enough to pay 99p for; every time Westwood plays these new Migos singles I'm reminded of how I felt any time I'd inadvertently catch a new Das EFX single back in the mid to late 90s: FFS when are these played-out motherf*ckers gonna go away already?

PS: listen to my top 10 non-rap songs of 2016 and sixteen which ain't from 2016 playlists.

8 comments:

Smell Rell said...

The new/old Camp Lo album is definitely my favorite thing of recent times

L.A said...

The Lo ah

James said...

OMB Peezy's new single is good too

http://sisilafami.tumblr.com/post/156670600491/omb-peezy-when-i-was-down-wow-its-not-gonna-be

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I've been usin' his freestyle over Soulja Slim's From What I Was Told as the B-Side to Lay Down.

GGGGG said...

No love for Migos "T-Shirt"?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Great beat but I can't listen to a whole song of that played-out flow now.


David said...

I can't understand everyone losing their minds over t-shirt, feels like the most standard ass album track

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah but so does Bad & Boujee.