Tuesday 10 May 2011

20 things that people who don't like hip hop think that people who like hip hop do

Straight out the fuckin' dungeons of the HHC vaults, courtesy of the Fat Lace crew circa april 1999. Click to resize, obv' :




BONUS RELATED BEATS :

"You know how it go
Beatnuts representin' the funk since eighty-fo'
Inhale, I smoke roaches with basketball coaches
and stick my dillz in the cho chas


The Beatnuts - Sandwiches Part 2 (1994)



Officially unreleased treasure recorded between Intoxicated Demons and Street Level from the same EP that the classic 40 OZ with the same sample as Tribe's Steve Biko which briefly caused a little bad blood between the two groups came from.

8 comments:

Thomas said...

I do number nine after every blog post I finish. I THOUGHT IT WAS WHAT EVERYONE COOL DID.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Me too. Hell, I do it after every paragraph.

done said...

Im 8 and 9 all day, i dont get anything done.

Fluid too.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah. I always thought Fluid was a bit rubbish, though.

Anonymous said...

Hah! I remember carefully cutting that nonsense out and positioning it on the wall. Scintillating & insightful.

Boothe said...

"I wanna get ripped in the sheets, so i can sleep or sleepwalk"

i love fluid!

i'm gonna make a sad face to that remark, which is something someone who likes hip hop typically wouldn't do.

:-(

40oz is dope too!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah, I seem to be alone in my distaste for Fluid.

Anonymous said...

I just left the cipher where I was laying down bars like a lyrical miracle long enough to write this comment co-signing this post.